Cryptid Hunters by Roland Smith

cryptid-hunters.jpg   star5.gifstar5.gifstar5.gifstar5.gifstar5.gif Thought I was going to hate this book - but found myself actually, totally loving it!  No down-time at all in this nonstop action/adventure, mystery.

 When I first saw the cover of Roland Smith's Cryptid Hunters, I must admit I was not very enthused about reading this book.  The front cover has pictures of two prehistoric creatures.  Hmmmm....a dinosaur book?  Yes, prehistoric creatures are a subject of this novel - but it has so much more to offer and the information about cryptids (mysterious creatures whose existence has never been scientifically proven) is actually very interesting.

When twin siblings Marty and Grace find out their parents are missing and presumed dead, they find their world radically changing overnight.  Sent from their private boarding school to live with an uncle named Wolfe, whom they never even knew existed, the twins soon found themselves surrounded by multiple mysteries.  Why didn't their parents ever tell them about Wolfe?  Why does Wolfe get so nervous around Grace?  The house has very high tech security, and the twins are told to never leave Uncle Wolfe's compound unattended.  Will they ever learn Wolfe's secrets?

When Uncle Wolfe plans to go on a dangerous trip to the Congo to deter his arch enemy, Dr. Blackwood, from poaching cryptids, the twins are supposed to go back to their boarding school until he returns.  Due to a freak accident, Marty and Grace find themselves stranded in the Congo as well - fighting for their survival.  Contestants on the show Survivor have never faced such wild, dangerous elements as these 13-year-olds do. 

While waiting on her uncle to find them, Grace is surprised that she knows her way around the island, and all of her surroundings seem vaguely familiar.  She will soon learn that her past, and everything she thought she knew about her parents is not true.

You will be shocked when you learn all the secrets that this book holds!  Give this book a try - you won't be able to put it down!

11 comments:

  1. This book is really good, my homeroom reads it almost everyday.
    I always liked dinos and stuff. And even though where not done yet, I know i'll love the ending.

    Posted by me,
    um Harlow =) rating -> ****

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this book is a great book. I absolutly love it. When I read this book I thought in my head that it was going to take me through wonderful adventures. I was right because it did.
    In the book there is a girl named Grace and her brother named Marty. They are twins with no similarities at all. One day they were at school and they recieved painful news about their parents. They found out that their parents were missing (dead). So the twins had to go and live with their uncle Travis Wolfe. He often called to check on the twins at their boarding school.
    They went and lived with Wolfe and they thought that he was wierd. One day they were in a jet with their uncle and a women named Laura when they fell out because of a chimp named Bo. The twins landed in the Congo.
    In the Congo Grace found out that her uncle Wolfe was really her father. She also found out that her and Marty were cousins.
    To find out the rest check out the book at the library. I would recommend the book to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book was really good!
    Very interesting!=D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the fastest book I ever read, couldn't put it down. This book deserves 6 stars.
    LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. loved i read it over the summer but i stayed up for days and couldnt put it down

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really good book i liked it so much... this book deserves---> *****


    by: Ashton

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and can't wait to read Tentacles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Roland Smith is one of my favorite authors. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and can't wait to read Tentacles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great post! Just one suggestion:If you add some pics, it would be easiler to follow! I like the cartoon type logo! From what I have a playful spirit!
    By Jordan Retro 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed reading this book for the second time in a couple of years and it still gets me going even though it is my second time reading it. The book was just awesome, but there is one thing I was wondering that I don't remember if was ever mentioned or not, but what ever actually happened to Marty's parents?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely enjoyed reading this epic book. It was one of the only books I've read that I could picture what was happening like in a movie. I pictured SophiaAnna Roberts & Josh Hutcherson as the twins. Richard Attenborough as their Uncle. Anyways, fantastic book! >:D

    ReplyDelete