Peeled by Joan Bauer


How can a group of students stop the tide of fear caused by reports of ghosts and murder in the  abandoned Ludlow House in the small town of Banesville? Hildy and Zach use the school  newspaper to challenge the local newspaper’s coverage of events.


When the city’s newspaper  editor pressures the school to stifle the school paper, Hildy and Zach go “underground” with the  help of a restaurant owner and a former newsman. Will they be able to stop developers from  tearing down the orchards for a theme park, to determine who or what murdered the stranger on  the old Ludlow place, and to unmask the ghost?Prepared by: Linda Rosenlieb

lrosenlieb@edgefield.k12.sc.us

4 comments:

  1. when i read the novel peeled it gave me a since of fright but also a since of curiousness.the book in a way kept me on my toes.the novel to me was very interesting i knw if i were hildy and zach i wud have been very frightened ,this novel is a novel i wud reccomend 2 everyone who likes a good mystery:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When i read this novel, It was exciting but kindof scary. The book was very suspencful and i couldn't put it down. If i would have been Hildy or Zach i would have been very scared about what was to come. I would recomind this novel to anyone who likes suspencful, scary, but exciting novels!(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. One word: amazing!!!:) This book kept me guessing the whole time. During the book you hope that nothing bad will happen and in the end it does. I was kept entertained. Wendy Mass did a very good job on this book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I read this book, I didnt want to put it down. Peeled will keep you guessing and if you read it, you will have to tell somebody about it. During the book you hope nothing too terrible will happen and then something does. I was always guessing in this book. This was very suspensful and then scary at the same time. I love mystery books and this one is a good one to read :)

    ReplyDelete