Oh, Rats! by Albert Marrin



The Story of rats and people

3  stars

 Oh Rats! The Story of Rats and People

I admit it.  I didn't want to read this book.  The beady red eyes...the huge furry rat on the cover...was so...ewwwwwwww..... 

Why I liked this book:

1.  Text and pictures made it very easy to read - 30 minutes.

2.  Side notes on the pages were interesting - such as "rat" dishes enjoyed in restaurants around the world.

3.  The book really exposes you to a whole other side of rats - such as how sanitary they actually are, how they have saved so many lives throughout history, their great strength and resiliency, and promising studies that indicate how valuable rats can be to our society.

 No - I will not be adopting any pet rats in the near future.  I am glad, however, that I can think of this book if I ever am surprised by an unexpected visit from one of these creatures!

 Read Oh, Rats!  You may find yourself becoming a rat fan as well.

Click the arrow below to hear live rats!

0 comments:

Post a Comment