Twilight Review

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was given to me by Mr. Barnett. It was also recommended by Mrs. Cantrell. At first, I was not eager to read this book because I knew it was a Vampire story and thought it was probably more for high school students versus middle school pre-teens. I was actually wrong on both accounts.

The more I read of this novel, the more I wanted to know. I have not read many horror books or vampire stories. When I was in high school I was a Christopher Pike addict, but now I tend to prefer less gruesome, violent reading. I have read Darren Shan’s Vampire Mountain. This book is nothing like the Cirque du Freak series. Much less gore - much more emotion. Much better written.

This book includes mystery, action, suspense, romance, and all the conflicts involved with teen angst. The reader will identify with Bella. Bella never feels she belongs. She is accident-prone - terrible at all sports and often trips over her own feet. Her parents are divorced, and she finds herself pushed into a situation where she has to live with a father that she really does not know.
Surprisingly, Bella actually does fit in at her new school. Boys like her. She is suddenly popular - the new girl that everyone wants to know. Everything seems to slowly fall into place. That is, until Bella meets Edward.



Edward Cullen and his family are the most beautiful people that Bella has ever seen. Edward, in particular, catches Bella’s eye. Not because he seemed to like her so much. Bella cannot understand why he glares angrily at her with such hatred in his eyes.
Bella soon finds herself drawn into a romantic relationship with Edward. Though he tries to push her away, even Edward cannot resist the connection and attraction he has to Bella.


Edward is willing to sacrifice his life, put his own family at risk, anything to be with the one he loves. Though he feels that he has waited his whole life to meet someone like Ella, Edward also must fight a horrific temptation….the never ending desire to end Bella’s life.

This book will appeal to sophisticated readers who enjoy fantasy, suspense, and romance.
I admit I may have to buy the sequel, Eclipse. You will fall in love with this story - and will never want it to end.

13 comments:

  1. Twilight was verry special for me. one, because of the incredible romance between the two. Two, because before Twilight I didn’t like reading. But this book helped me realise that books can be lots of fun.
    Stephanie Meyer is such an incredible writer. For example in the lastbook I acidentally found out what was gonna happen before I read the book.But when I was reading Iwould get caught in the story. So, in a part that seemed like something bad was gonna happen I thought it was. But when I put the book down I realised everything would be okay. She is that good!
    If everone just gave this book a chance,most people would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that Twiligt was an awesome book! I couldn't put the book down for one second, at first i didn't want to pick it up from the shelf because i thought it was going to be boaring and to long. The two main characters in the book are Isabella Swan and Edward Cullen, they are truly in love but the one thing that gets between them is the fact that Edward a vampire, thinks he should have anything to do with Bella (short for Isabella) but, she thinks otherwise. My favorite part in the book was when Bella got lost in the city and two guys show up with bad intentions towards her, right at that moment when Bella is cornered Edward shows up and saves her. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was a book that made me want to keep reading her series and other books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. when i first saw the book twilight i thought it was going to be really dumbe but it turned out to be a really good book !!! i'm on breaking dawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go team edward!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ireally enjoyed Twilight, because it had lots of romance and conflicts between the main charcters Isabella Swan and Edward Cullen. Edward thinks that he shouldn't be with Bella Short for (Isabella) but she doesn't agree. My favorite part in the book is when Bella almost gets hit by a van and Edward saves her. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was a good book,I recommend this book to everyone because they will enjoy it alot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Twilight was really really good!It's about a girl named bella and she has moved to a new town called forks when she in rolls at forks high school she meets the absoultely charming edward culllen and his brothers and sisters.Soon bella forms a bond with edward and she discovers what he really is. This book is amazeing once you get far enough into this book you wont be able to put it down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book is fantastic. I recomend this to evryone who likes action and romance. It is a real page turner. You just can't put it down when you start reading. It can relate to people in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this book it was very intresting. I would recomened this book to anyone who likes romance.
    This book was great. I love it.: )

    ReplyDelete
  8. The book Twilight by Stephanie Meyer is absolutely amazing. I could read it over and over again. Bella Swan leaves her mom because of her new step-dad and moves in with her dad. She has to go to a new school and is very curious about the Cullens, especially Edward. They start to get to know each other, Bella finds out that Edward is a vampire, and fall in love. When more vampires enter one of their vampire baseball games, Bella has to get away because James wants to get to her. He traps her but eventually in the end Edward saves her by stopping James venom. I recommend anyone who likes romance and suspense to read this, because i couldn't put it down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this was a really good book that i thought would get goofy but i read it and it was awsome!the end was kind of disturbing but it was still a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. twilight by stephanie mayers is about a group of vanpirer who fall in love with normal girls it was very good

    ReplyDelete
  11. i thought twilight would be kinda weird but its acctually really good if you havent read it yet you really need to because your missing out

    ReplyDelete
  12. Twilight is the best book i've ever read. I love all the charactors.TWILIGHT ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Twilight is a book of love.A human falling in love with a vampire is so cool.Even if edward can kill Bella with 1 twich of his finger.It shows what true love is....

    ReplyDelete